How can I generate debugging information?
To send a debug log our way, open GPGPreferences > Send Report. Tick the option to 'Attach debug log' in the bottom left. Should you already have an existing discussion on our support platform for your problem, make sure to include the link to your existing discussion in the report.
open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app > Show Log List > All Messages
If we explicitly ask for the "Extended variant" please enabled debug logging.
How to Enable Debug logging (For development or debugging only):
defaults write org.gpgtools.common DebugLog 1
defaults write org.gpgtools.common DebugLog 0
ATTENTION: Make sure to disable it as soon as possible after,
since decrypted messages might be
logged and these log files stay on your harddrive!
To delete the logs, best delete the /private/var/log/system.log* files
open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app > Show Log List > DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION > User Diagnostic Reports > Mail_201xxxxx (or similar)
If you are having issue installing GPG Suite or components of the Suite are not showing up on your system, please help us find the problem, by following these steps:
- mount GPG Suite.dmg and double-click 'Install' Icon
- select Window > Installer Log from menu bar or use shortcut
( ⌘+L )
- in new window, switch to "Show All Logs" in the top left
- proceed with installation
- when installation is done do not close installer
yet: first go back to the Installer Log window and click
the 'Save' Icon at the top right
- save the log to your desktop and either create a new discussion or add the log to your existing discussion as attachment