How to use the group feature to encrypt content to multiple public keys by using a single address
The group feature is relevant to companies or groups looking to encrypt content with several public keys of the group members while using a single address in the process.
To enable this feature
- close all gpg applications and Mail.app
- open finder, press Shift Cmd G (⇧⌘G), paste
'~/.gnupg/gpg.conf' without the ' and click Go
- open gpg.conf with TextEdit
- add the following line at the end of the file
group firstname.lastname@example.org = fingerprint1 fingerprint2 fingerprints
Whenever you now write to email@example.com the mail will be encrypted with all the public keys you added with their fingerprints.
- How to add an e-mail address to an existing public key using key mapping