GPG Keychain: Yubikey GPG can't sign other users public keys

Nate

03 May, 2021 04:27 AM

Which of our tools is giving you problems? GPG Keychain

Attach a screenshot of the version info for all installed components (how to: https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/faq/where-can-i-find-version-info...):

Describe your problem. Add as much detail as possible. When attempting to sign other people's public keys, gpg fails with an error code 17 saying it cannot find my secret key. All other gpg operations, such as encrypting & signing emails/files using the same secret key works fine. Seems to be the same issue as https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/66299-yubikeygp...

What did you expect instead I expected to be able to hit sign and type in a pin like i do when signing files.

Describe steps leading to the problem. In GPG Keychain, right-clicking another person's public key, then clicking sign...I get
"Signing failed. Sign userID failed! (No secret key) Code = 17
Error text:
gpg: signing failed: No secret key
gpg: signing failed: No secret key"

Are you using any other Mail.app plugins? No

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 03 May, 2021 10:34 AM

Hi Nate,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry to hear you are having problems using GPG Suite and thanks for taking the time to send in your report.

Has signing keys with your Yubikey worked in previous versions of GPG Suite?

Could you test if signing a key via command line works as expected?

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you stay in the loop and will receive info as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussion should you run into further problems or need assistance.

Best,
    Steve

2. 2 Posted by Nate on 03 May, 2021 07:31 PM

Steve,

Not sure about previous versions, and command line doesn't seem to be working either.

Thanks,
    Nate

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 03 May, 2021 08:56 PM

Thanks for testing and your additional feedback.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2021-05-02_at_11.22.26_PM.png 211 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac