Could not load GPG Suite preference pane in system preferences

dj-unknowntekniq

21 Apr, 2019 03:42 AM

Which of our tools is giving you problems?GPG KEYCHAIN

Attach a screenshot of the version info for all installed components (how to: https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/faq/where-can-i-find-version-info...):

Describe your problem. Add as much detail as possible. when trying to open the app all I get is UNKNOWN ERROR Oops, something went wrong. GPG thrown an unknown error. Please contact us at
https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com
and in the system preferences I can not open the gpg pane I have added screen shots any help on this would be much apprecaited

What did you expect instead

Describe steps leading to the problem.

Are you using any other Mail.app plugins? no mail plugins been used

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 24 Apr, 2019 10:43 PM

Hi dj-unknowntekniq,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Could you open GPG Keychain > Preferences > Update, tick the beta option and update to GPG Suite 2019.1b1 and then retry to open System Settings > GPG Suite.

Should the issue persist, could you download and re-install GPG Suite 2018.5 from our website.

If then the issue still persist, could you please send a debug log from your affected machine: Open System Preferences > GPG Suite > Send Report. Check the box to "attach debug log". Since you already described your issue in this discussion, you don't need to add a lot of detail, but please do add the link to your existing discussion, so I can then merge your debug info with this existing discussion.

All the best,
    Steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2019-04-21_at_04.38.22.png 97.4 KB
  • Screenshot_2019-04-21_at_04.39.04.png 67.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac