GPG Services: .rtf — Decryption failed: No Data! (No data) Code = 58

andrei_lcn

21 Jan, 2019 03:14 AM

Which of our tools is giving you problems?

Attach a screenshot of the version info for all installed components (how to: https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/faq/where-can-i-find-version-info...):

Describe your problem. Add as much detail as possible.

What did you expect instead

Describe steps leading to the problem.

Are you using any other Mail.app plugins?

1. 1 Posted by andrei_lcn on 21 Jan, 2019 03:38 AM

i cannot decrypt any messages. dont you have any tutorials videos, or anything else. i use a macbook os. i can encrypt and decrypt, only my messages. i cant decrypt received messages and i do have the sender pgp public key .

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 21 Jan, 2019 10:06 PM

Hi Andrei,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

The message you are trying to decrypt is in RTF file format. Wikipedia says: "The Rich Text Format (often abbreviated RTF) is a proprietary document file format developed by Microsoft Corporation from 1987 until 2008 for cross-platform document interchange with Microsoft products."

RTF is formatted text and the problem with formatted in case of OpenPGP messages is, it tends to destroy their structure and render them useless.

To exchange OpenPGP messages please use .txt file format. For keys you can use the key servers or if that is not an option also use .txt or .asc file format.

Can you please ask your contact to re-encrypt and resend the encrypted message in txt format.

Best,
    Steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2019-01-21_at_05.00.20.png 69.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac