Create a group for multiple keys to send to multiple email addresses

amirsoliman74

01 Dec, 2019 03:27 AM

Hello,

I'm new to GPG Tools and am not very good with understanding how to best deal with the text files that I see recommendations to edit to implement certain options. Here's my problem: I have 50 keys in the keychain. Several times now, I have had to encrypt a Word file to 20 of these people and then email it to those 20 (not a single email address). Is there anyway to set up a subgroup, let's call it Clients, in the keychain, so that I can use it to isolate just the 20 keys that I need. I understand that through the email plugin, the program will encrypt to just the 20 recipients I put in the address bar. That's good. But the problem is that it encrypts the whole email, not just the attachment. Those on the other side cannot, for example, view the email or download the attachment without installing a plugin (most of them use the free version of GPG or Symantec Desktop; some of them even use webmail). They need access to the encrypted file, which they could then download and decrypt on their hard drive. Is there a way to just encrypt the attachment? If I right-click the file and use the encrypt option under services, it brings up the entire keychain, not just the twenty that I need. Thank you very much in advance.

Amir

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 07 Dec, 2019 12:53 AM

Hi amirsoliman74,

sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

You can encrypt any attachment using GPG Services. Then you can attach the encrypted attachment to your email and send a signed only email. That will result in an unencrypted email that can be opened by anybody. OpenPGP users will be able to check for validity (if the message has been mangled with in transit) and if it is actually signed with your key. And the attachment will still be encrypted.

The following two Knowledge Base articles explain how GPG Services is used:

• KB explaining how to encrypt and sign text or files
    • KB explaining decryption and verification

Hope this helps.

Steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac