PGP does not show up as a contextual menu option for selected text

Darshan

05 Aug, 2014 12:54 PM

Please help. All I want to do is encrypt a block of plain text, but the PGP options don't show up in the contextual menu for when I select the text block. I've played around with the Keyboard shortcuts/Services preferences, repaired and done housekeeping with Onyx, installed the latest build, everything, to no avail.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 05 Aug, 2014 01:04 PM

Darshan, please hop on our live-chat: http://www.hipchat.com/gi8zHW4K3

If that is not an option, which OS X are you on? We occasionally hear from users that GPGServices do not instantly show up, but 1. making sure they are activated in the keyboard settings and 2. checking preferences are correct with onyx usually solves that.

2. 2 Posted by Darshan on 05 Aug, 2014 03:35 PM

Thanks so much Steve - I have to pick this back up later this afternoon. Will jump on the chat later and hopefully you'll be around. Best, D

3. 3 Posted by Darshan on 05 Aug, 2014 03:36 PM

PS. It's OS X 10.7.5

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 05 Aug, 2014 07:54 PM

Sorry, missed you in the live chat. So did you double check you have both section in keyboard services activated?

5. 5 Posted by darshan on 05 Aug, 2014 08:47 PM

Hi Steve, update --

• I can get Encrypt Selection and Decrypt Selection to show up in the contextual menu (but not Encrypt Selection to New Window, nor Decrypt Selection to New Window) - but when I try to execute those commands on the selected text block, nothing happens at all - it hangs for maybe 10 seconds and then returns control back to me.

Does this sound familiar? I looked up what I thought was a similar case in a past discussion and the problem was fixed by restarting. Not so here.

I have tried uninstalling GPG, re-starting, re-installing GPG. Running Onyx, restarting, etc, etc..

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Steve on 05 Aug, 2014 09:59 PM

Resolved by going back to the stable release.

Regression documented in the following ticket:

https://gpgtools.lighthouseapp.com/projects/67607/tickets/200

If this discussion get's closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed so you'll receive a notification. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

7. Steve closed this discussion on 05 Aug, 2014 09:59 PM.

8. Support Staff 7 Posted by Steve on 27 Sep, 2014 07:40 PM

Hi Darshan,

this issue is now fixed. If you want to test the fix, please download our latest nightly.

You can find sig and SHA1 on the GPGTools Nightlies page.

Should the problem persist, please re-open this discussion. If you have other questions you can open a new one any time.

Best, steve

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet, so bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test this fix.

9. Steve closed this discussion on 27 Sep, 2014 07:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac