GPG Suite 2391n does not let Mail start again

Michael

11 Jan, 2019 09:07 AM

Hi,

there has been a thread concerning this: https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/85893-gpgtools-...

The thread is closed, the problem remains.

I have tried to remove the "Envelope" files from "~/Library/Mail/V6" and removing the bundle from "/Library/Mail/Bundles", so that Mail reimports mails but will still remain in zombie state: the dock indicates that mail is loaded but it is impossible to have a window of mails. Additionally, I can not even access preferences because it is greyed out.

Reinstallation of the whole operating system is not an option. Even switching to a different mailer is less time-consuming.

I am also an "upgrader", coming originally from "Sierra" over "High Sierra" to - as of now - latest "Mojave".

Can I help with any log files or other data? I would really like to have the current state fixed.

Best regards,
Michael

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luke Le on 11 Jan, 2019 10:18 AM

Hi Michael,

unfortunately this happens due to a bug in macOS Mail on Mojave. We have filed the bug with Apple but it is unclear how long it will take them to resolve the issue.

Following are the steps that should fix this problem:

• Close Mail.app
    • Open Terminal and run the following command:

sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/DataVaults

• Open Mail.app

After following these steps, Mail should be working properly again.

2. 2 Posted by borice on 16 Jan, 2019 06:55 PM

Thanks -- this is finally the solution I was looking for. (until Apple fixes the bug, that is)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac