GPG Mail: Problems opening email

Ann Wood

17 Oct, 2018 12:16 AM

Mac OS v10.12.6 - Mail v10.3 - I updated GPG 2 weeks ago. Since then I’ve had a lot of problems. I wasn’t able to open some encrypted emails; it just scrolls and scrolls Loading. I re-imported people’s keys & had them re-import my key; I was able to open their encrypted emails for a few days. Now the problem is back. Our IT Manager uninstalled and re-installed GPG today on my laptop; same problem - and now there’s an additional problem that some unencrypted emails from these folks also won’t open, and just scroll and scroll Loading. We tried uninstalling & then only installing the non-GPG Mail components. Then I can at least open the unencrypted emails…but as soon as we added GPG Mail back, same issue - I can’t open either encrypted or unencrypted emails from folks in my GPG Keychain.

Expected
See above

macOS                   10.12.6     16G1510
GPG Suite               2018.4      2310    (bc31914)
GPG Mail                2.8         1273    (97139d27)
GPG Keychain            1.4.5       1496    (25530e6)
GPG Services            1.11.5      1033    (86cb937)
MacGPG                  2.2.10      921     (b487092)
GPG Suite Preferences   2.1.3       1057    (966febd)
Libmacgpg               0.8.6       885     (35a18be)
pinentry                0.9.7.1     9       (db18340)
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 18 Oct, 2018 09:52 AM

Hi Ann,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Could you please download and install our latest hotfix GPG Suite and see if that solves your problem.

All the best,
    Steve

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet - bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac