10.8.3: GPGMail doesn't seem to see new keys retrieved from keyserver until Mail is restarted....

Greg A. Woods

20 May, 2013 08:09 PM

**Environment:**

* Software name and version: GPGMail 2.0b6 (Build 140), GPG Keychain Access 1.0 (196)
* OS X version: 10.8.3 (Mail 6.3 (1503))
* GPGTools Installer date: unknown

**What steps will reproduce the problem? Please be as specific as possible.**

1. receive a message signed with a key not yet in the local keyring.
 2. use "GPG Keychain Access > Key > Retrieve from keyserver..." to fetch the public key used to sign the message and verify that it is now in the local keyring by searching for it and seeing it present.
 3. close the message window and re-open, but Mail says it still cannot verify the key with the following text in the yellow banner area: "The key to this message signature is not in your GPG Keychain."
 4. restart Mail and the message signature is now verified.

Oddly if one removes a key from the keychain after having successfully used it to verify a received message, and then one tries to re-verify that same message by opening it again, then Mail says the same thing -- i.e. it notices the key is no longer present, but it does not notice when a key is newly present.

--
Greg A. Woods

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 22 May, 2013 12:53 PM

Hey Greg,

could you please visit our nightly builds and download the latest GPGTools-XXXn.dmg file.

Run that on your system and see if the problem persists.

In System Preferences > GPGPreferences we've implemented a new feature just lately, that allows auto-key retrieval for keys, needed during the verification process.

Please let us know if that works fine without having to restart mail. :)

All the best, steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 22 May, 2013 01:35 PM

Greg, my bad. My solution won't fix your problem. We've created a ticket for this issue.

Please subscribe to the ticket if you want to be notified of changes being made in regards to this issue:

https://gpgtools.lighthouseapp.com/projects/73378/tickets/42-gpgwat...

I'm closing this discussion for overview purposes. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

3. Steve closed this discussion on 22 May, 2013 01:35 PM.

4. Steve re-opened this discussion on 22 May, 2013 01:35 PM

5. Steve closed this discussion on 22 May, 2013 01:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac