gpg icons not showing up on mail

bertrand

10 Aug, 2018 08:11 AM

Hi there

I've followed the installation steps for GPG as outlined here
https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/how-to/first-steps-where-do-i-sta...
Unfortunately, the encrypt and sign icons do not appear. I've tried to reboot both GPG and mail apps, but without success.

I'm on OSX 10.14, mail 12.0 and GPG 1.4.4

what shall I do?

best,
b.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 11 Aug, 2018 05:20 PM

Hi Bertrand,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Are you sure you are running gpg 1.4.4? Is that a self-compiled version or did you install it, and if you installed it, can you share from where you downloaded the file?

GPGMail is not yet compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave.

This KB-article elaborates on why GPGMail may not work with unreleased macOS major updates and what to do if you cannot revert to a stable macOS release.

While we are actively looking into the changes Apple introduced to Mail in macOS Mojave, it will be quite some time until a working version of GPGMail will be made available.

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    steve

Disclaimer: Please note that there is no official support for macOS pre-release versions. Should you rely on GPGMail for your productive work, please stick to the stable release channel of macOS.

2. 2 Posted by bertrand on 12 Aug, 2018 03:21 PM

Hi Steve

Sorry, 1.4.4 is the version of the GPG Keychain. The GPG version is 2018.3. I've downloaded it from https://gpgtools.org/

Re Mojave, ok, no problem, I'll wait for the official release of GPG compatible with Mojave. Don't hesitate to ping me if I can be useful.

Cheers,
    bertrand

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 12 Aug, 2018 07:07 PM

Will do. Note that the linked KB article also has workaround steps using GPGServices for the time being until GPGMail will be compatible.

4. Steve closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2018 07:07 PM.

5. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2018 09:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac