How to stop automatic decryption

dima

06 Aug, 2018 09:09 AM

Attached files are still being decrypted automatically

I'm using GPG on my microsoftoutlook email. All encrypted attachments are decrypting automatically without prompting me to put in my private key.
I have followed your instructions (https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/gpgmail-faq/gpgmail-no-longer-wor...) by deleting the GPGMail.mailbundle and I have updated my GPG as well, but nothing works. Please help

What did you expect instead

To be asked to put in my private key in order to open attachments

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 09 Aug, 2018 10:44 AM

Hi dima,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

From what I understand you are complaining about not being asked for the password for your OpenPGP key when decrypting an email in Mail.app?

When that happens it can have two reasons: either your OpenPGP password is stored in macOS keychain or a certain caching timing may be at work. Please see this KB-article on how to manage passwords for your keys. The article also has details how to remove your password from macOS keychain.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• GPG_screenshot.png 108 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac