Queries

Bobby

25 May, 2018 10:15 AM

Hi,

I have been searching for a few days to find a tool for Mac like this, reducing the complications. I am about to install but I have a query.

Does the recipient have to have GPG suite installed? As the nature of our business we often e-mail outside of the company, how does sending e-mail to other people work? The same with internal e-mails. Not all of the computers are Mac's. They have encryption, but I am unsure what service they are using? Is it a case of sending them an e-mail and giving them a password to enter so that they can read it?

Kind Regards,

Bobby

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 28 May, 2018 04:28 PM

Hi Bobby,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Thanks for your interest in GPG Suite.

OpenPGP is platform independent, meaning it works across all operating systems no matter if your contacts are using Linux, macOS or Windows. This KB has more details on that.

The requirement to send an encrypted messages is, that you do have the public key for the email you are writing to.

So your contact needs to have an OpenPGP so you can you OpenPGP encrypting with them.

If they don't you are still able to sign messages. Learn here why that is a good idea.

Let me know if you have more questions or need help with anything.

Best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac