GPG Keychain: Keychain security phrase reset request

Errol T. Batchelor

16 May, 2018 11:39 PM

Forgot (can’t find note to self) keychain phrase.

I would appreciate the opportunity to rest both my OpenPGP key password and security phrase.

Expected
I feel terrible for taking lightly the warning write down and safe guard my OpenPGP key password and related security phrase. Ideally an opportunity to acknowledge the conumdrumb and subsequent opportunity to submit a new security phrase after two failed attempts would be available. This said, I did not push the three attempt limit for fear of being locked out.

Additional info
None

macOS                   10.13.4     17E202
GPG Suite               2018.1      2083    (9658b70)
GPGMail                 3.0b4       1272    (461cda15)
GPG Keychain            1.4.2       1403    (128637e)
GPGServices             1.11.2      969     (e5438f7)
MacGPG                  2.2.3       900     (cead4f9)
GPG Suite Preferences   2.1.1       993     (05eb1a6)
Libmacgpg               0.8.2       829     (943132e)
pinentry                0.9.7.1     9       (db18340)
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 18 May, 2018 12:06 PM

Hi Errol,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

This KB-article explains what to do if you forgot your password or lost access to your secret key.

You will not be locked out after three attemps. You can close and re-open mail to trigger pinentry asking again for your keys pw.

You mention OpenPGP key password and security passphrase. I think those are the same thing.

Let me know if the KB article was helpful and if you need further assistance.

Best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac