GPGMail: Invalid signature, yahoo groups

tnielsen

07 May, 2018 02:11 AM

I was having this problem for a long time that was due to an expired subkey. Now I am having the problem again. See attatched.

What did you expect instead

Not sure why the signature is invalid

Are you using any other Mail.app plugins?

no, not that I am aware of

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 16 May, 2018 08:50 AM

Hi tnielsen,

thanks for taking the time to report this problem and providing screenshots to allow us to better understand the issue you are seeing.

Your key is fine. You extended the subkey and you are all good and ready to use your OpenPGP key.

You write "having this problem for a long time that was due to an expired subkey. Now I am having the problem again." I assume you are referring to the invalid signature you see for your posts to a yahoo group?

The invalid signature is a separate issue and completely unrelated to the expired subkey which you already solved.

As mentioned in our reply from 25th Jan 2018 some group / mailing list software "successfully" manages to destroy valid signature when processing the messages.

We encourage users to bring up this problem with the corresponding developer so that they can improve their service to not render valid signatures invalid: Yahoo Groups help community, Google Groups Feedback, Mirosoft Support.

You can attach both the sent and the received message as .eml file and we can check if there is a workaround to prevent this:
    Please export the message you sent from your sent folder as well as the received message with the invalid signature, so that we can have a closer look. To export, simply select the message in Mail.app and press CMD + SHIFT + S, select "Raw Message Source" as type and save it.

Attach the resulting .eml file to this discussion by visiting it in your browser (email reply should work but sometimes attachments do not arrive).

Best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by tnielsen on 16 May, 2018 09:18 AM

thank you

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_9.07.19_PM.png 105 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_9.03.30_PM.png 54.2 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_9.09.23_PM.png 43.2 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_9.09.36_PM.png 47 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_9.09.49_PM.png 60.4 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_9.09.59_PM.png 35.2 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac