gpgtools stopped working

Denis Danielyan

27 Jul, 2015 11:35 AM

Dear all,

today, all of a sudden I get the following error:

gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
gpg: skipped "A6AEC86EE10FEF4BCDE8F1B4382304F6F5042944": Operation cancelled
gpg: signing failed: Operation cancelled

I haven't changed anything. I reinstalled gpgtools without any effect. Also rebooting the machine did not work.

1. 1 Posted by s. smith on 27 Jul, 2015 11:21 PM

Hi Denis- I wish I had a fix for you, but rest assured you're not going crazy. I too, have just started getting this error message about 20 minutes ago today (16:00 PST, 7-27-15). When I googled it, you post came up first! (congrats!) ;)

For those troubleshooting, here's the full message that comes up via pop up window:

Signing your message failed due to defect PIN-Entry!

The PIN-Entry helper responsible for asking for your passphrase seems to be defect.

To fix this problem, re-install the newest version of GPGTools

Should your problem persist, please contact us at https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/ with the following error description:

gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
    gpg: skipped "0F9D121E457322AC6A6FAFF4E8ABE1FA155CEB1E": Operation cancelled
    gpg: signing failed: Operation cancelled

# # #

Hope that helps!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 06 Aug, 2015 12:53 PM

Hi Denis and s.,

this issue is fixed in the nightly build. The fix will be included in the next GPG Suite release.

Could you please download and install our latest nightly build and see if the problem persists. That page also has sig and SHA1 to verify the download.

All the best, steve

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet - bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test.

3. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2015 11:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac