Encryption of files and folders

Lotte

09 Jul, 2015 06:55 AM

Hi I have a question regarding encryption of text. If I want to encrypt a folder on my computer, not intended for the mail, is it possible to do that with the use of the service part? When I try, it creates a new folder which is encrypted, which is great when you need to send an e mail, but not if I just want the file to stay encrypted on the computer, the original folder remains unencrypted. Do I need to install a program for this specific task?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 09 Jul, 2015 09:36 AM

Hi Lotte,

do I understand correctly, that you want to encrypt a folder and have the original unencrypted folder removed securely? So what bothers you, is the fact, that the original folder is not removed after the encryption is finished. Is that right?

If so, yes such functionality is indeed not available atm. You can still use GPGServices to get this done. Just encrypt as you did and then manually remove the original unencrypted folder and securely empty your trash.

We have a ticket for this feature request. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll receive a notification. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

All the best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by Lotte on 09 Jul, 2015 09:45 AM

Tanks you did answered my question.

3. Steve closed this discussion on 09 Jul, 2015 09:46 AM.

4. Steve closed this discussion on 13 Jan, 2016 09:45 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac