How to Uninstall

Lea Ann

26 Jul, 2014 09:41 PM

Hello,

The link to the uninstall software only takes me to a page that has software to install?
http://support.gpgtools.org/kb/faq/how-can-i-uninstall-gpgtools

Here is the link that doesn't take me to any uninstall software: https://gpgtools.org/uninstaller

1. 1 Posted by Luca on 26 Jul, 2014 09:52 PM

Download the installation tool within the package once downloaded dmg will find the program to uninstall ...

2. 2 Posted by Lea Ann Savage on 26 Jul, 2014 11:33 PM

Hello,

This is the message I get when I go to the link you provided:

Blessings,
    Lea Ann Savage

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 28 Jul, 2014 10:49 AM

Hi Lea Ann,

first, may I ask, why you want to uninstall? Have you had issues using GPGTools?

Next, the error message you see is a maintenance message from the company hosting this support platform. They are pretty reliable, so I am sure they didn't take much longer than they said the downtime to be expected.

As for uninstalling: the link you are referring to indeed needs fixing. We are aware of this and I've forwarded it to the developers. Now we have to wait for them to take action.

But as Luca correctly states: each GPG Suite comes with an uninstaller. So please re-download the GPG Suite, double click the .dmg file to mount the image. Then double click the uninstaller and you should be done.

Let me know if that worked,
    steve

4. 4 Posted by Lea Ann Savage on 28 Jul, 2014 11:59 AM

Hello Steve,

I was getting repeated crashes of my email program, and no longer had a need to use GPG anyway. My business is completely dependent on my email program working, and I could not risk a crash that might have become permanent.

I am on vacation where I have a slow internet connection and would prefer not to download the entire suite if possible (would tie up my computer for over an hour).

So there is no direct link to just the uninstaller software?

Blessings,
    Lea Ann Savage  Satellite Beach, FL Home (321) 773-7088 Cell (321) 961-9219
    www.BlenderBuyingHelp.com - Personalized Vitamix Shopping Assistance
    www.BlenderLady.com - Support for Vitamix Owners
    <:)))><

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Steve on 29 Jul, 2014 06:47 PM

Hi Lea,

if you encounter any crash, could you please save the crash log and attach that as a .txt file to this discussion. This should never happen and we need to look into that then.

In case you'd like to help testing, could you please download and install our latest nightly build and see if the problem persists.

You can find sig and SHA1 on the GPGTools Nightlies page.

By now, we've updated the homepage and now https://gpgtools.org/uninstaller will link to only the uninstaller should you still want to remove GPGTools from your machine.

All the best, steve

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet - bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test.

steve

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Steve on 03 Dec, 2014 06:53 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

7. Steve closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2014 06:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac