"Encrypt with password" checkbox

Jonny

17 Aug, 2012 04:43 AM

I have installed the latest nightly build, and there is a checkbox in the Choose Recipients window labeled "encrypt with password" that I have never seen until this version. I'm sorry if this is a silly question but what effect does checking the box have on the recipient's end? Is it recommended to check this box or not?

None of my recipients appear in this window in previous versions. Running 10.6.8.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luke Le on 17 Aug, 2012 08:33 AM

Hi Johnny,

this gives you the option to simply encrypt a file with a password only for example if you one of your recipients doesn't have a public key yet, but you still want to secure the file you're sending them.

Hope that explains it :)

2. 2 Posted by Jonny on 17 Aug, 2012 03:39 PM

Guess I was just confused, I was assuming it was asking me for my secret key password. So I don't need to check the box if I'm already using the recipient's public key. If I could make a suggestion, maybe add a little message that pops up explaining what the box does when the user hovers over the checkbox?

Thanks a lot for the quick response Luke!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 18 Aug, 2012 03:30 PM

I've attached a ticket with this feature request: http://gpgtools.lighthouseapp.com/projects/67607-gpgservices/ticket...

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 23 Sep, 2012 03:15 PM

Ok, closing this discussion. Feel free to subscribe to the ticket to be notified of any changes.

Best :)
    steve

5. Steve closed this discussion on 23 Sep, 2012 03:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac