voiceover on 10.7.4 with gpgtool in mail.app (web)

frank

07 Jun, 2012 01:17 PM

Hello

I am a blind professional looking to use this software for business. Unfortunately voiceover does not see the password box in mail.app to decrypt the messages. Also some of the buttons are not labeled such that you have to guess which one is which. Some assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly test and give feedback.

Thanks
--FC

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 07 Jun, 2012 06:07 PM

Hey Frank,

reports about this have accumulated lately. It is something I'd never would have though of being a problem, so we appreciate feedback a lot. Two other blind users have brought this issue to our attention and we have an internat ticket for this: http://gpgtools.lighthouseapp.com/projects/66001/tickets/94

Feel free to subscribe to the ticket if you want to be notified of changes being made in regards to this issue:

We are still ironing out things, so we can soon release the GPGMail final 2.0. So this is on our list, but it won't be a quick fix.

But in the ticket, Robin (another of our blind users) have a workaround that seems to do the trick for him until we come up with a proper fix. For that, also follow the link to the ticket.

Hope this helps and all the best :)
    steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 22 Jul, 2012 04:43 PM

Frank, I'm closing this discussion, since we now have a ticket for this problem. By now we have three blind user wating for this fix which is great and more than I'd imagine would bring this problem to our attention. There might be many more that have not reached out and contacted us.

Not sure how fast we'll be able to provide better implementation since we have a few very high priority things on our list.

But I'd love to see this fixed. Team is very small and we all are insanely busy currently. Hope this will improve and we'll be able to fix this on the long run.

Did Robin's workaround from the ticket work for you? Please let us know in the lighthouse ticket if possible (or re-open this discussion).

All the best to you,
    steve

3. Steve closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2012 04:43 PM.

4. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 17 Jun, 2013 12:28 PM

Hey Frank,

I'm very happy that I can confirm this issue is fixed. Since we had several blind users reporting this, it's great we were able to get this fixed.

Could you please visit our nightly builds and download the latest GPGTools-XXXn.dmg file.

Run that on your system and see if the problem persists.

All the best, steve

5. Steve closed this discussion on 17 Jun, 2013 12:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac