GPGMail: macOS High Sierra

tthoma24

07 Jun, 2017 05:05 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: GPGMail: macOS High Sierra

I was able to make the plugin successfully build on a 10.13 box, and changed the UUIDs in the Info.plist, but it just causes mail to crash. Attaching the dump if it's helpful. I'd be happy to help fix, but it's been historically difficult to get involved in the project since it's been open-sourced, closed development. (I encourage the developers to change that if you intend to stay open-srouce, or fully close source and monetize the product if there's no intention of changing that, but that's for another thread.)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luke Le on 07 Jun, 2017 05:17 PM

Hi Thomas,

as usual, Apple has introduced quite some changes to the internals of Mail.app and we've yet to figure out what exactly those are, and what parts of GPGMail they break (yet again).
    I'm not sure what you mean by "closed development", but I guess you're referring to our "closed" bug tracker. We've taken that step, since in the past, we've had a problem with users using it as a first contact for support, which unfortunately cluttered it very quickly and made it much harder for us to navigate.
    Since then we're first determining if reported issues are really bugs, and only then create tickets in our bug tracker. Otherwise we'll help them here, via Tender.

We're always happy to receive pull requests. Once we receive one, we will thoroughly look through it and merge it if it works as expected.

2. 2 Posted by prich on 30 Jun, 2017 02:40 AM

Thomas, can you share what if any source changes you made to get the plug-in to build cleanly

3. 3 Posted by Stephen on 20 Jul, 2017 02:28 PM

Stating the obvious, but still not working with 1935n on High Sierra public Beta 2, but is working just fine on the released 10.12.6 (released 19th July)

Seems the changes in HighSierra Mail are quite extensive. Wished I could do more to help :(

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 20 Jul, 2017 02:31 PM

Stephen, the best thing for now is to stay on a stable macOS release and enjoy a working GPG Suite.

5. 5 Posted by Stephen on 20 Jul, 2017 03:08 PM

Oh for sure - this is a second machine with HighSierra. I'll continue to install the nightlies!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Steve on 20 Jul, 2017 03:13 PM

Sounds good. We'll announce as soon as we have something that's ready for testing on 10.13.

7. 7 Posted by prich on 20 Jul, 2017 03:53 PM

Cool beans. For the record. my second machine is a development box though I have to advance to new versions as they are released as I support some friends out here in California doing development work and I feedback to them what breaks I find picking up each new version.

8. 8 Posted by prich on 25 Jul, 2017 04:09 PM

BTW, I’ve have been pulling the nightlies. The latest one: 2017-07-24GPG Suite 2017.1 (1938n)<https://releases.gpgtools.org/nightlies/GPG_Suite-1938n.dmg>22.8 MBsig<https://releases.gpgtools.org/nightlies/GPG_Suite-1938n.dmg.sig>source<https://releases.gpgtools.org/nightlies/GPG_Suite-1938n.txz>
    SHA256 doesn’t get disabled though I don’t get the encrypt/sign icons either. I am running it on a Beta 4 machine.

Not a complaint, just a heads up

On Jul 20, 2017, at 08:13, Steve <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Steve on 25 Sep, 2017 09:04 PM

Hi tthoma24 et all,

we have great news to share with you:
    GPG Suite 2017.1 is available

It includes the stable version of GPGMail for macOS Sierra and a first beta for macOS High Sierra. So if you install this update and plan to upgrade today, GPGMail will just continue working.

Head over to our homepage for the full announcement and download:
    https://gpgtools.org

We really hope you enjoy the new release.

Best,
    steve

10. 10 Posted by drtjstone on 26 Sep, 2017 06:24 PM

Steve,
    Brilliant - thanks a lot. Immaculate timing and thanks a lot for an invaluable piece of software.
    Kind regards,
    Tim Stone
    Mobile: +44 7595 338 300
    [email blocked]

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Steve on 26 Sep, 2017 09:04 PM

Perfect. Thanks for the kind words. They do mean a lot to us!

I'm closing this discussion. Should you need further assistance or have questions you can re-open this discussion here or open a new one any time.

Best, steve

12. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2017 09:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac