GPG Mail: Where can I download the last version working with MacOS 10.11.6

wim

06 Nov, 2018 03:47 PM

I installed by mistake the recent version, but El Capitan isn't anymore supported. But I do need the oder MacOS…

I did not find a library with older versions…

Thanks for help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 14 Nov, 2018 05:44 PM

Hi Wim,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

To get back to a working GPG Mail on macOS 10.11 please

1. download 2018.5 from https://gpgtools.org/ and run the uninstaller after mounting the .dmg file
    2. download and install GPG Suite 2018.3
    3. optionally to update all components to the latest state download and install 2018.5 via Custom Install and exclude GPG Mail in the options to have all the latest components

Let me know if this got you back to working state.

All the best,
    Steve

2. 2 Posted by Alabay on 16 Feb, 2019 09:57 AM

I tried this, but the installer of 2018.5 does not let me install. There is an interception due to 10.11. I wanted to update all possible parts except the mail plugin to get things to work. I cannot upload my key e. g. – error 58, no data appears.

Cheers.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 18 Feb, 2019 08:42 PM

Hi Alabay,

we have since added a release for macOS 10.11 to our unsupported legacy versions page here:
    https://releases.gpgtools.org/oldies

Note that really old macOS releases do not receive important security fixes from Apple. So if possible, it is recommended to move to a newer version.

All the best,
    Steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac