GPG Keychain: Verknüpfung zu Mail von Apple....

Matthias

18 Oct, 2018 01:54 PM

Hallo,
Ich vermisse unter der 10.14.x - Version von APPLE die Verknüpfung im MAIL-Programm, was kann ich hier tun?

Expected
SNAP-IN….

macOS                   10.14.1     18B57c
GPG Suite               2018.4      2310    (bc31914)
GPG Mail                3.0         1328    (82e5a048)  30 trial days remaining
GPG Keychain            1.4.5       1496    (25530e6)
GPG Services            1.11.5      1033    (86cb937)
MacGPG                  2.2.10      921     (b487092)
GPG Suite Preferences   2.1.3       1057    (966febd)
Libmacgpg               0.8.6       885     (35a18be)
pinentry                0.9.7.1     9       (db18340)
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 18 Oct, 2018 03:09 PM

Hi Matthias,

willkommen im GPGTools Support-Forum. Entschuldigung, dass es Probleme bei der Benutzung von GPG Suite gibt.

Leider hat Apple mit 10.14.1b3 einiges in Mail.app verändert, so dass wir da größere Anpassungen vornehmen müssen.

Hier die Details:

there is currently a problem on macOS 10.14.1 since Apple introduced quite some big changes in 10.14.1b3. We have a pending ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

This KB-article elaborates on why GPGMail may not work with unreleased macOS updates and what to do if you cannot revert to a stable macOS release.

Please note that there is no official support for macOS pre-release versions. Should you rely on GPGMail for your productive work, please stick to the stable release channel of macOS.

In case you think Apple should be having an API for Mail.app to help staying on top of macOS changes in regards to Mail.app, don't hesitate to drop them a few lines via their feedback form.

To temporarily uninstall GPG Mail: This KB-article explains how to uninstall GPGTools or GPG Mail only. You can then use GPG Services as a workaround for the time being.

Beste Grüße,
    Steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Luke Le on 19 Oct, 2018 02:10 AM

Hi Matthias,

would you mind downloading and installing our latest hotfix GPG Suite and see if that improves the situation?

GPG Suite 2349n and later should address this problem.

It might be necessary to re-activate GPG Mail in Mail › Preferences › Manage Plug-ins after installing the hotfix.

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet - bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test.

3. 3 Posted by Yamasumi M. Kra... on 19 Oct, 2018 07:11 AM

Hey Luke,

Thank you so much for your help.
    It works now, but I had a new window to activate this product. What can I do - ca I get the KEY from you???
    Best regards

Matthias

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 19 Oct, 2018 01:59 PM

Hi Yamasumi,

we sincerely apologize that the introduction of the GPG Mail Support Plan wasn't communicated as clear as we had hoped. We can absolutely understand if that frustrates you.

All the open questions should now be answered on the following pages:

In order to make it abundantly clear for users who haven't updated to 2018.4 yet, we have added a red banner on top of our release notes:
    release_notes_2.png 
For reference the [original release notes].(https://entp-tender-production.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/e2eb257eb489...)

To sum up the most important points about GPG Mail 3 and the Support Plan:

• GPG Mail trial will work for 30 days with no restrictions
    • After 30 days you will still be able to read all of your encrypted emails - GPG Mail will no longer encrypt/sign or verify emails
    • Once you have purchased the GPG Mail Support Plan, it is valid for GPG Mail 3. Depending on the necessary changes, next years macOS release might see GPG Mail 4 or might see GPG Mail 3 going on. We wanted to keep the option open to support more than one new OS in one major version of GPG Mail. Special prices will be available for upgrades

We would really like to see you stay, but want to assure you that even if you don't like our offering there are many alternatives available. The encryption technology which is used in GPG Suite is not a proprietary one, so you are not reliant on our tools to decrypt your existing emails. There is no lock-in. In additon all of our source code is available publicly.

Best,
    Steve

5. 5 Posted by Yamasumi M. Kra... on 09 Nov, 2018 03:47 PM

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much. It is still work now.
    But now I’ve got a message that I must buy that - what is the reason? My TRIAL ends in 9 days & I have no idea how can I buy that or
    did you like to send me the key?

Kind regards

Matthias

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Steve on 14 Nov, 2018 02:02 PM

Hallo Matthias,

wir haben versucht alle Fragen rund um den GPG Mail Support Plan hier zu beantworten:

GPG Mail Support Plan wurde mit GPG Suite 2018.4 eingeführt. Die 30-Tage Testzeitraum bieten vollen Funktionsumfang. Danach wirst du immer alle Nachrichten entschlüsseln können. Signieren, Verifiieren und Verschlüsseln wird dann mit GPG Mail Support Plan unterstützt.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac