MacOS 10.11 and Mail 9.3 with GPGTools 2018.4

Gary Wolfman

26 Sep, 2018 03:07 AM

The release notes for the new 2018.4 release indicates that updates were back ported to GPG Mail 2.8 (Sierra only) as well as GPG Mail 3. However, running the installer causes the GPGMailLoader bundle to be installed in the usual /Library/Mail/Bundles folder, which is then disabled as not being compatible with Mail 9.3.

How does one use the latest GPGTools with MacOS Sierra and Mail 9.3? Or is there an older release which should be used instead? I assumed from the release notes that the installer would check versions and ensure a Mail 9.3 compatible GPG Mail 2.8 bundle was installed, but that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Gary Wolfman on 26 Sep, 2018 03:11 AM

Ah, silly me...10.11 is El Capitan, not Sierra. So, better question, what is the correct (presumably no longer updated) version for El Capitan support?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 21 Oct, 2018 07:19 PM

Hi Gary,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Please excuse the late reply, we are deeply sorry for not responding earlier. The amount of feedback we received in regards to the GPG Suite 2018.4 release was overwhelming. We are doing our best to catch up as fast as we can.

To get back to a working GPG Mail, please

1. download 2018.4 from https://gpgtools.org/ and run the uninstaller after mounting the .dmg file
    2. download and install GPG Suite 2018.3
    3. optionally to update all components to the latest state download and install 2018.4 via Custom Install and exclude GPG Mail in the options to have all the latest components

Let me know if that worked.

Best,
    Steve

3. 3 Posted by Gary Wolfman on 21 Oct, 2018 09:03 PM

That worked perfectly, thanks, including the component update at step 3.

Cheers,

Gary

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 22 Oct, 2018 04:04 PM

Glad, this is solved for you. I'm closing this discussion. Should you need further assistance or have questions you can re-open this discussion here or open a new one any time.

Best,
    Steve

5. Steve closed this discussion on 22 Oct, 2018 04:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac