GPGMail: GPGMail does not yet support macos Mojave

Bruno Kaiser

10 Aug, 2018 06:28 AM

Hi,
using macOS Mojave v10.14beta, I urgently need to decrypt my emails.
GPG Keychain as well as the GPG System Preferences seem to work fine. But I do not see the icons in GPGMail nor can I en/decrypt the emails.

When will you support the newest mac os ?

thanks,
Bruno

Expected
GPGMail needs to support new versions of OS as soon as they become available.

macOS                   10.14       18A353d
GPG Suite               2018.3      2223    (8d0c266)
GPGMail -
GPG Keychain            1.4.4       1460    (9010342)
GPGServices             1.11.4      1013    (0b04f6c)
MacGPG                  2.2.8       916     (0ed4a99)
GPG Suite Preferences   2.1.2       997     (1a09bc7)
Libmacgpg               0.8.5       863     (0707962)
pinentry                0.9.7.1     9       (db18340)
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 11 Aug, 2018 05:24 PM

Hi Bruno,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

This KB-article elaborates on why GPGMail may not work with unreleased macOS major updates and what to do if you cannot revert to a stable macOS release.

While we are actively looking into the changes Apple introduced to Mail in macOS Mojave, it will be quite some time until a working version of GPGMail will be made available.

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    steve

Disclaimer: Please note that there is no official support for macOS pre-release versions. Should you rely on GPGMail for your productive work, please stick to the stable release channel of macOS.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac