Error while composing messages: "MCMailErrorDomain error 1030"

rjh2805

14 Jul, 2018 08:33 AM

Which of our tools is giving you problems?

GPGMail v3.0b7

Attach a screenshot of the version info for all installed components (how to: https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/faq/where-can-i-find-version-info...):

Done.

Describe your problem. Add as much detail as possible.

While composing new messages with GPGMail activated and message signing enabled by default, I receive the following error every now and then (screenshot attached):

The operation couldn't be completed.
(MCMailErrorDomain error 1030.)

The attempt to read data from the server "imap.transip.email" failed.

Besides this error, everything appears to be working fine though. So this bug is more annoying than that it is causing real issues. If I disable GPGMail, the error is not shown anymore.

What did you expect instead

No error to be shown at all, since it doesn't look like there is a real error.

Describe steps leading to the problem.

Although this error pops up consistently on all my Macs, I don't know exactly what is triggering this error. The error window pops up periodically though, so it appears to be tight to a recurring (background) process.

Are you using any other Mail.app plugins?

No.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 23 Jul, 2018 08:50 AM

Hi rjh2805,

thanks for taking the time to file this report.

We've had some rare reports about this exact error the past few years but were unable to determine what exactly is triggering the error. The error itself can mean all sorts of things and when you search the web you'll find there's quite a few users seeing it, most of which are not using GPG Suite. In the cases where our users have sent in reports, the behavior was consistent with your own report as to once GPGMail is disabled, the error is no longer shown.

In which frequency are you seeing the error?

Do you have Xcode installed by any chance and would a remote debug session be an option for you?

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

Best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by rjh2805 on 23 Jul, 2018 08:56 AM

Hi steve,

Thanks for your reply. I do receive the described error in most composed e-mail messages, but I haven't found a reliable reproduction scenario yet.

Yes, I do have Xcode installed, and yes, a remote debug session is certainly possible.

3. 3 Posted by Joost on 27 Aug, 2018 07:54 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Error while composing messages: "MCMailErrorDomain error 1030"

Have the same error composing a reply email with imap.orange .fr
    I think it is related to mail accounts that do not have a key attached.
    My other email accounts that are in the key server do not gice this problem.
    Does this help?

4. 4 Posted by ken on 01 Sep, 2018 05:37 AM

I'm experiencing the same error while composing e-mail messages.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-07-14_at_10.29.23.png 116 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2018-06-07_at_21.16.02.png 26.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac