Help - Generate new key failed Code 32849

Squidge Winkle

09 Apr, 2018 10:10 AM

Using GPG Keychain for mac latest version. Each time I go to create a new key, I click 'generate' and after a few seconds it says:

Generate new key failed Code 32849

I have installed it on my mac's main hard drive. Using a 2013 MBP, I have tried uninstalling completely (using appcleaner) but it still comes up with the error

1. 1 Posted by Squidge Winkle on 09 Apr, 2018 10:19 AM

Oh yeah I'm using High Sierra V10.13.4

Thanks in advance for any support!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 19 Apr, 2018 01:48 PM

Hi Squidge,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Does reinstalling GPG Suite on your mac change anything for the better or worse? Also please reboot your mac after the reinstall.

If that does not help, please send a debug log from your affected machine: Open System Preferences > GPG Suite > Send Report. Check the box to "attach debug log". Since you already described your issue in this discussion, you don't need to add a lot of detail, but please do add the link to your existing discussion, so I can then merge your debug info with this existing discussion.

All the best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-04-09_at_6.07.29_pm.png 30.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac