GPGMail: Unable to read messages, only a white block appears - fixed when gpg is plug-in disabled's Avatar

13 Mar, 2018 03:15 PM

I get new emails, or attempt to read sent emails, and all I get is an empty space. As if unable to load. If I disable the gpg plug-in it works, and then I tried re enabling to show the issue, but it apparently stops.

Is this a known bug? Any recommendation?

Which of our tools is giving you problems?

GPG Mail for mac - suite version 2018.1, 2803, (9658b70)
GPGmail - 3.0b4, 1272, (461cda15)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 17 Mar, 2018 03:40 PM

could you please download and install our latest hotfix GPG Suite and see if that solves your problem.

Also restart your mac and see if that changes anything for the better or worse.

Are you using any additional plugins in Are all messages affected or only some?

All the best,

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet - bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test.

2. 2 Posted by on 19 Mar, 2018 10:49 AM's Avatar

Hi Steve,

It seems to have solved it.

Prior to installing it, most new emails that had pgp encryption would just show an empty blank space where the content should be, I’m guessing as it could not load the message.

I do use another plug in, called mailbutler.

At times I have this issue with older pgp emails from specific domains, but as I write this, I have tested them. The majority load with some random ones showing up with the wrong signature and thus unable to load. But fixed most.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 19 Mar, 2018 11:17 AM

Hi Alfonso,

sounds much better. I am not sure I get the part about wrong signature emails and messages not loading. Do you mean the signatures are invalid? Or in what way are they wrong? Even messages with invalid signatures should load.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac