GPGMail: Decrypt message.pgp with attachment

andrei.dan

28 Nov, 2017 01:21 PM

Hi.
I am trying to figure out how to decrypt an email which has a .pdf attached, but to no avail. Only the email body (text) is being decrypted. I have just installed GPG Suite 2017.1, imported my key from our domain server and set Apple mail with my Exchange account. The email comes from a colleague from the same Exchange server. What I did, I have saved message.pgp on the desktop, right clicked, selected Service/ OpenPGP: Decrypt file. This creates a Message.txt file with the body of the email, but no decrypted attachment. It would be great if I could open the message inline, just get a prompt for the passphrase. How can that be accomplished? OSX Sierra 10.12.6
Many thanks.

What did you expect instead

Decrypt both email and attachment

no other plugins

1. 1 Posted by andrei.dan on 04 Dec, 2017 12:24 PM

Anyone?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Luke Le on 07 Dec, 2017 08:18 PM

Hi Andrei,

in order to better understand your problem it would be helpful if we could have a look at the structure of your message.
    From the version screenshot I can tell, that you don't have GPGMail installed – our plugin which adds OpenPGP support to Apple Mail. Is that on purpose?

3. 3 Posted by andrei.dan on 08 Dec, 2017 01:40 PM

Hi Luke.
    May thanks for your answer. I reinstalled GPG Tools and now I have GPGMail and works like a charm! Thanks for your help! :)

Have a great day!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Luke Le on 08 Dec, 2017 06:23 PM

Hi Andrei,

fantastic, very glad to hear that.

Closing this discussion but feel free to create a new discussion should you have questions or run into problems.

5. Luke Le closed this discussion on 08 Dec, 2017 06:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac