unable to encrypt message

andreinetto

19 Oct, 2017 10:28 PM

Hi. Sorry for bother, but I've been facing a bug in my gpg for a couple of weeks, for what I'm incapable to find the solution.

Once I start to write an email, I get the message "unable to encrypt message". You can take a look at the window I get in the attached file. Could you please tell me how to solve the problem?

Best,

Andrei

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 23 Oct, 2017 05:56 PM

Hi Andrei,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

First, let's check if your key is ok:

1. open GPG Keychain
    2. double click your sec/pub key
    3. create a screenshot of the key tab (⇧⌘4 + drag w mouse)
    4. create a screenshot of the subkey tab
    5. attach both screenshots to your discussion by visiting it in your browser

Should your key have expired, please re-new the expiration date in the key tab.

To renew the subkey, open the subkey tab, click the cogwheel and change the expiration date

After that send a signed and encrypted test mail to yourself. Are you able to decrypt and verify the signature successfully?

In case your key resides on the public key servers, don't forget to upload your updated key, so that the changes are reflected on the key servers.

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Best regards,
    Steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2017-10-20_at_00.25.11.png 126 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac