"login" keychain password, what is that?

Roberto

20 Oct, 2017 12:27 PM

Which of our tools is giving you problems? GPGSuite in Mail.app asks for passphrase, which I suspect I do not remember. I am trying to recover it through the Keychain Access but it asks for a "login" keychain password, what is that?

Attach a screenshot of the version info for all installed components (how to: https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/faq/where-can-i-find-version-info...):

Describe your problem. Add as much detail as possible.

I have followed the migration help KB and the three steps

1 Open macOS Keychain Access (enter Keychain Access in Spotlight) 2 Enter "GnuPG" in the search field 3 Double-click on the resulting entry

but I) I have three different keys listed when I search for gnupg only one matches with the passphrase request. I double click the one that seems to correspond to the keyID and then what should I do? If I try clic on "Show Password" I get asked for a "login" keychain password, what is that?

What did you expect instead

Describe steps leading to the problem.

Are you using any other Mail.app plugins?

1. 1 Posted by gpg_dude on 21 Oct, 2017 10:35 PM

@roberto: that should be your computer username & password (unless you have changed it at some point and not updated the keychain password to match, in which case it might be an older password you used on your computer). https://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/apple/how-to-recover-pas...

2. 2 Posted by Roberto on 22 Oct, 2017 10:15 AM

Thanks, it was indeed the current password of this computer.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 22 Oct, 2017 02:04 PM

Hi Roberto,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Seems this is already solved? Are you back to working state or do you need further assistance?

Best,
    steve

4. 4 Posted by Roberto on 22 Oct, 2017 02:38 PM

All seems ok now, thanks for following up.

5. Steve closed this discussion on 22 Oct, 2017 04:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac