GPG Keychain: pass phrase

ilaurent

13 Oct, 2017 11:55 AM

This comment was split from the discussion: GPG Keychain: pass phrase

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have installed for the first time GPG Suite and I've never been asked to enter a secret phrase.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 13 Oct, 2017 12:08 PM

Hi ilaurent,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Have you already created a key? If so, please see the following information:

the pinentry requests you are seeing are happening due to the migration from MacGPG 2.0.x to 2.2.0.

Please visit the following KB-article and let me know if that brings you back to the expected state.

Best,
    steve

Whenever you need assistance with GPG Suite, please create a new discussion. While it is common on other forums to join existing discussions with similar or identical problems, for the GPGTools support forum, this is not a good idea. Having many users in one discussion is likely to cause confusion, thus it's best to solve issues on a "per case" basis. That helps to keep the discussion straight forward and provide a fast solution to you and other users.

I have thus split your comment into a separate discussion.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac