GPGServices: i cant decrpt a message

Vic

03 Oct, 2017 10:15 PM

this the window that pops up after i try to decrypt a message and it freezes my text edit program for about 30 seconds then this window comes up———————————————The “OpenPGP: Decrypt Selection” service could not be used because the application did not respond to a request for services.

Expected
i expected to see a written out message after decrypting the selected pgp message

Additional info
i wish i could find better into online about this problem instead of bothering you regarding this but i do hope to talk to you soon

macOS           10.11.5     15F34
GPG Suite       2017.1      2002    (4161887)
GPGMail         2.6.3       1234    (2c08db8)
GPG Keychain    1.4         1377    (3384573)
GPGServices     1.11.1      961     (d6060fa)
MacGPG2         2.2.0       893     (ab15b08)
GPGPreferences  2.1         977     (b1e419a)
Libmacgpg       0.8         819     (c8cf2e0)
pinentry        0.9.7       6       (6aeb033)
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 06 Oct, 2017 12:04 PM

Hi Vic,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Don't worry about bothering. This is a highly annoying bug which we will need to address.

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

As a workaround, could you restart your mac and retry to decrypt. Does the hang then persist?

All the best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 2017-10-03_22-21_DebugInfo.gpg 20.7 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac