GPGMail: Encrypt and sign buttons not available in apple mail application

Shad

25 Aug, 2017 05:35 PM

GPG Suite

I created new key with the correct email info.

I expected to find Encrypt and Sign buttons when composing a new email in my mail application but these were not there.

I double checked the email address matched which they did.
I checked the customise toolbar optioning the mail app to see if the buttons were available to added which they wasn't.
I then checked the Services Preferences in the mail app and ensured all the open PGP boxes were tick and this still had no effect.

I then installed the Beta version to see if that rectified the issue in which it did not.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GPG suite and restarting the applications and MacBook but nothing seems to have any effect.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 25 Aug, 2017 05:36 PM

Hi Shad,

this indeed sounds rather weird.

Could you please send a debug log from your affected machine: Open System Preferences > GPGPreferences / GPG Suite > Send Report. Check the box to "attach debug log". Since you already described your issue in this discussion, you don't need to add a lot of detail, but please do add the link to your existing discussion, so I can then merge your debug info with this existing discussion.

All the best,
    steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 26 Aug, 2017 12:49 PM

Thanks for the debug log.

We currently offer GPG Suite 2016.10 (stable) and GPG Suite 2017.1 (beta). GPGMail for macOS 10.12 Sierra is in beta. To switch to the beta channel:

1. open GPGPreferences > Settings
    2. in the Update section tick the checkbox to 'Include beta builds'
    3. optionally also enable automatic update checks, to ensure you are notified about new beta releases
    4. press 'Check Now'

After that GPGMail should be up and running again.

If you see any trouble using the beta, please let us know.

All the best,
    steve

3. 3 Posted by Shad on 27 Aug, 2017 08:19 AM

Hi,

I have done this already

I does not work.

Regards

Shad

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 27 Aug, 2017 09:28 PM

Could you please send a debug log from your affected machine: Open System Preferences > GPGPreferences / GPG Suite > Send Report. Check the box to "attach debug log". Since you already described your issue in this discussion, you don't need to add a lot of detail, but please do add the link to your existing discussion, so I can then merge your debug info with this existing discussion.

All the best,
    steve

5. 5 Posted by Shad on 29 Aug, 2017 09:07 PM

I have tried the beta version and it still does not show the Encrypt and sign buttons are available in apple mail application.

infact it then shows the message below when trying to compose a message.

Unable to encrypt message
    An error occurred while trying to encrypt your message. Verify that you have valid certificates in your keychain for all of the recipients.

Regards

Shad

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Steve on 29 Aug, 2017 09:45 PM

In order to debug this, the debug log would be very helpful. Could you send it in as requested earlier?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac