Inquiry about the state of GnuPG 2.1.x support, as 2.0 approaches EOL
According to GnuPG home page,
2.0.30 is the stable version from an often used branch. This branch will reach end-of-life on 2017-12-31.
which means MacGPG2 pretty much has to support GnuPG 2.1.x on the next major macOS release, or we risk running a version of GnuPG that's not supported by upstream. A couple of past threads asked for GnuPG 2.1.x support (without mentioning the EOL issue), but little was shared. I wonder if you have a plan to share this time around.
Thanks for your time.
Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.
|?||Show this help|
|ESC||Blurs the current field|
|r||Focus the comment reply box|
|^ + ↩||Submit the comment|
You can use
Command ⌘ instead of
Control ^ on Mac
Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 15 Mar, 2017 04:32 PM
welcome and thanks for your concern regarding the EOL issue of MacGPG 2.0.x. We are very aware.
We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.
It is something we looked into a while ago but ran into various problems and decided to postpone further tests until 2.1 has matured a bit more. We have this on our radar and are aware of the EOL timeline.
We will start testing 2.1 as soon as GPGMail stablilizes some more on macOS 10.12.
All the best,
Steve closed this discussion on 04 May, 2017 03:23 PM.
Steve re-opened this discussion on 13 Jun, 2017 09:03 PM
Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 13 Jun, 2017 09:03 PM
we have a first GPG Suite test build which integrates gpg 2.1. Here is the signature file for that release.
It would be great if you could test this build and let us know if run into any trouble. Please note, that downgrading to the current beta release will require additional steps in case new keys were created using this test build. Depending on the test results, gpg 2.1 may soon land in the beta branch.
All the best,
3 Posted by zmwangx on 14 Jun, 2017 01:07 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 14 Jun, 2017 06:47 AM
Great. Looking forward to your feedback.
Have a great day,
Steve closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2017 05:31 PM.