GPG Keychain: Generated new key during install... where the F did it go??

Jorge Gustavson

29 Aug, 2016 01:51 PM

Hi! I just installed GPGTools for MacOS X (El Capitan) and during the install it prompted me to create a new key. I did so, and I got a prompt about my passphrase being too simple, but I said “go ahead anyway, create the key”.
When the install was done, I tried to find my key that I had just created, and it was nowhere to be found. It’s not in the “GPG Keychain” window, and I did a search on the server for my key, and it did not find it (it DID find an old one, from 1997, when I had PGP installed on my Windows PC at an employer’s site)

Expected
I expected to see MY key in the keychain!

Mac OS X        10.11.6             (15G31)
Libmacgpg       0.7         769 
GPGMail         2.6.1       1151
GPG Keychain    1.3.1       1233
GPGServices     1.11        907 
MacGPG2         2.0.30      875 
GPGPreferences  2.0         887 
Pinentry        0.9.7       2
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 15 Sep, 2016 04:28 PM

Hey Jorge,

welcome to the GPGTools community support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite. Please excuse the slow responce.

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

Could you please download and install our latest GPG Suite nightly build and see if the problem persists. That page also has sig and SHA1 to verify the download.

This problem is already fixed in the nightly and will be inlcuded in the next release. So for now, please download the nightly and create a new key. The initial attempt failed and no key was created.

All the best, steve

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet - bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 26 Sep, 2016 02:21 PM

Hi Jorge,

this issue has been fixed. If you want to test the fix, please download our latest nightly GPG Suite. That page also has sig and SHA1 to verify the download.

Should the problem persist, please re-open this discussion and let us know. For more questions that are not related to this specific problem, you are welcome to create a new discussion any time.

Best, steve

Disclaimer: This is a development version which has not been thoroughly tested yet, so bugs or crashes are to be expected. Thanks for helping us test this fix.

3. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2016 02:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac