How to I transfer my default key from my desktop to my laptop

JRErickson

19 Mar, 2015 10:02 PM

Which of our tools is giving you problems?

I have installed GPGTools on my iMac and set up a default key, which I uploaded to the server. I then installed GPGTools on my MacBook and downloaded the key from the server via the look up key. However I can not use that as my default key so I can use it to send an encrypted file to anyone. I have checked the Knowledge Base but I can not find a similar request.

Paste version info of your installed software: (how to: http://support.gpgtools.org/kb/faq/where-can-i-find-version-info-of...)

Version 1.2b6 (1057b)

Describe your problem. Add as much detail as possible.

I have installed GPGTools on my iMac and set up a default key, which I uploaded to the server. I then installed GPGTools on my MacBook and downloaded the key from the server via the look up key. However I can not use that as my default key so I can use it to send an encrypted file to anyone. I have checked the Knowledge Base but I can not find a similar request.

What did you expect instead

Ability to set it as my default key

Describe steps leading to the problem.

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...

If your problem concerns GPGMail, are other plugins installed in Mail.app?

other Plugins go here

Please attach .png or .jpg screenshots of error messages or steps leading to your problem and remove this line once you're done wrinting your report. Then click the Create button to start a new discussion.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 11 Sep, 2017 02:59 PM

Hi JRErickson,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Sorry, this one slipped through the cracks. Are you still seeing this issue?

This KB article explains, how to transfer keys to another computer.

All the best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac