Lion mail not working

Ken

13 Jan, 2012 09:52 PM

I have installed the latest lion software
I have the latest gig tools installed
I updated the gig mail program and it installed one update

When I click on mac mail I don't see any gpg options at all. I have uninstalled and installed about 12 times.
You can see a screenshot of my new mail program. You can see there are no gpg options

If I open terminal and type gpg it responds go ahead and type your message
If I go into mail preferences, there is a gpg mail tab and it has checked enable open pgpg/mmie. I updated the mail program from this screen

So despite having the latest software for both lion and GPG , my mail looks just like my old mail program with no options or checkboxes of any kind for encryption.

I have a program called gpg keychain access to appears to be working. It is the most updated version Screenshot below

Is there anyone else that has Lion that has this working?

Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

I had sent a similar ticket in about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything.
thanks

[email blocked]
feel free to call me or write me. 708 214 7109 Thanks
Ken

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luke Le on 13 Jan, 2012 10:04 PM

Hi Ken,

first off, sorry we didn't answer you first request. This must have been a mistake, since usually every request is answered within a few days.

Here's the link to version a24 - http://cl.ly/3x0W1Q2V2G1u3F3k262Y
    Could you please remove the bundle under ~/Library/Mail/Bundles and move the attached mailbundle to that directory.

After that, please restart Mail.app and open Mail -> Preferences -> GPGMail to verify that version a24 shows up.

If you open Console.app you should find a line saying " GPGMail: Enabled ..." or " GPGMail: Disabled ..."

Could you please report back what you see?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 26 Feb, 2012 07:51 PM

@Ken, was your problem ever resolved? Since we never heard back from you I assume so and am closing this discussion.

If your problem persists and you still need help, feel free to re-open this discussion anytime.

All the best, steve

3. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2012 07:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac