GPG update (web)

Mrochat

09 Nov, 2012 01:52 PM

Hello. Got a prompt to download an update. When done, got the message "The update is improperly signed". Are you providing mis-signed updates or is there a security issue with GPG ? Thank you for your feedback.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luke Le on 09 Nov, 2012 02:00 PM

Hi,

sorry for that. We've released an update for Snow Leopards but didn't properly set the max system version which is Snow Leopard. It also is properly signed for Snow Leopard but not for Mountain Lion, hence the error message.

Simply ignore the update.

2. 2 Posted by Semper Fidelis on 09 Nov, 2012 05:12 PM

I got the same message: "The update is improperly signed," which then canceled the update.

You say, "Simply ignore the update" — but only just for now, I hope? Will GPG be providing us Snow Leopard users (version 10.6.8 in my case) with a GPG 1.4.1 update in the near future? Or do we remain stuck at a previous version? (I'm presently at version 1.3.3.)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Luke Le on 09 Nov, 2012 05:21 PM

Hi Semper,

the 1.4.1 was released via Sparkle but we had to pull it, since due to misconfiguration is was also displayed as an update on 10.7 and 10.8

Please install it from here:
    https://github.com/downloads/GPGTools/GPGMail/GPGMail-1.4.1.dmg

As for further updates for Snow Leopard: as it stands we currently unfortunately have no time at all to further support Snow Leopard. The good thing is, that if I'm not mistaken Apple also dropped updates for Snow Leopard, which means that GPGMail should only break in cases of security updates which we'll still provide a GPGMail update for.
    There's also a minor chance we'll backport GPGMail 2.x to Snow Leopard, but only if we manage to find the resources.

Sorry for the bad news.

4. 4 Posted by Semper Fidelis on 09 Nov, 2012 05:31 PM

Thanks for your speedy, if disappointing, news.

5. Steve closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2012 03:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac