New keys won't allow encrypting

Meredith

31 Oct, 2012 01:40 PM

GPG Keychain Access 1.0b7
* OS X 10.7.5 I am trying to encrypt (not email) a note to be sent and all the new keys I have imported won't work. The old ones work fine. I just updated my OS. Is that what the problem is? I did re-run the nightly.

Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 31 Oct, 2012 02:15 PM

Meredith, could you provide a step by step and describe at which step the software behaves unexpected?

So you are trying to encrypt a note (text or the file?) with GPGServices?

And under the recipient field you don't see the pub keys of your friends, that you lately imported?

But GPGServices itself is working fine with your old keys?

Sounds like some link betweet GPG Keychain Access and GPGServices is broken.

Which nightly did you install? GPG Keychain Access is at 1.0b8 by now in the nightly version. If you ran our latest GPGTools Installer, and are still on 1.0b7 we have a problem with our installer which we have to investigate.

Please let me know, which nightly you used and check if there's a newer one already.

Best :)
    steve

2. 2 Posted by Meredith Brown on 31 Oct, 2012 02:51 PM

I un-installed the whole thing and then re-installed it. I have not installed the newest nightlys - The one for GPG Mail, oct 17th and GPG keychain access September 25th. It still will not work. I answered your other questions below.

Thanks!!!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 31 Oct, 2012 02:58 PM

Could you please visit our nightly builds and download the latest GPGTools_Installer-trunk.dmg file.

Run that on your system and see if the problem persists.

All the best,
    steve

4. 4 Posted by Meredith Brown on 31 Oct, 2012 03:02 PM

I will do that!

Here is the crazy part, I searched for keys on the keyserver and those ones showed up on my recipients list??

Why would that be?

Thanks!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Steve on 31 Oct, 2012 03:08 PM

If I remember correctly, we had a bug with the library, responsible for managing this information between GPG Keychain Access and GPGServices. That should be fixed in 1.0b8 GPG Keychain Access.

6. 6 Posted by Meredith Brown on 31 Oct, 2012 03:15 PM

I couldn't find one with trunk in the title. but I found an GPGtools-installer-latest october Oct. 17. I installed and it seems to be WORKING!!!!!

YAY! Nothing more frustrating when these things won't cooperate but nothing more satisfying than when you get them to!!

Thanks for all of your help - problem resolved!!!!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Steve on 31 Oct, 2012 03:40 PM

You are right. Sorry for confusing names, we changed that recently.

Well there's no bug free software. So we are thankful for all feedback. We try to keep things clean, but time is a factor, when trying to fix open issues.

Glad things are running smooth for you now.

Have a nice day :)

8. Steve closed this discussion on 31 Oct, 2012 03:40 PM.

9. Meredith Brown re-opened this discussion on 31 Oct, 2012 10:20 PM

10. 8 Posted by Meredith Brown on 31 Oct, 2012 10:20 PM

Are you still there? Now my entire keychain is empty!! But when I try to encrypt a note all of my old keys are there. Also, when I sent an encrypted message to a friend he was unable to decode it.

I am so confused!!

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by Luke Le on 01 Nov, 2012 10:58 AM

Hi Meredith,

this sounds very strange. Could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing to this discussion?

Thanks!

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Steve on 13 Nov, 2012 11:36 AM

No further user feedback. Closing.

@Meredith: Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best,
    steve

13. Steve closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2012 11:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac