mail.app, two accounts and two keys - how?

David

05 Sep, 2012 05:46 PM

Hi,

I have GPG working fine with one account on my Mac (OSX Lion, mail.app) and associated with the key I've created and uploaded. I've now added a second account and created a key for this in GPG Keychain Access and uploaded the public key to the key server. So far, so good. However I can't seem to access the 2nd certificate for my 2nd e-mail account in mail.app; when I select the Account the little seal icon changes from a tick to a cross and greys out a little :(

First question, is having to separate keys and accounts supported by GPG in mail.app?
If yes, then second question, what do I need to do to configure it?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Luke Le on 05 Sep, 2012 05:54 PM

Hi David,

it's important that both keys match exact email address of their Mail.app accounts.
    If that's already the case please update to the nightly version of GPGMail from https://nightly.gpgtools.org. It's the most stable and current version.

If after that it doesn't work we'll have to dig deeper.

2. 2 Posted by David on 06 Sep, 2012 09:50 AM

Hi Luke,

So when you say 'exact email address' you're referring to the field 'Email Address' in the Account Information section of the Accounts under Preferences, right? Is it just the Email Address that needs to be exactly the same as the e-mail address specified when creating the certificate?

If so then they are matching. I'll download the nightly...

Thanks, David.

3. 3 Posted by David on 06 Sep, 2012 10:40 AM

OK so I've downloaded the nightly for 5th September 2012. A tip, don't try and install this on your Mac with other apps running... Anyway installed now and working. Two mail.app accounts, two keys and I can sign each separately etc. Thanks for your help with this Luke.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 06 Sep, 2012 11:42 AM

David, glad this is now fix for you. Feel free to get in touch again, should you run into further problems.

All the best,
    steve

5. Steve closed this discussion on 06 Sep, 2012 11:42 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac