GPG Mail and Mountain Lion, also how to help with Wiki? (web)

Steve

13 Aug, 2012 04:07 AM

Greetings,

With the upgrade to Mountain Lion, I'm now getting an error that GPG Mail is an incompatible plugin. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or must I wait for an update? I tried repairing GPG Tools via the pref pane, however, this didn't seem to do anything.

On another note, I absolutely love the project and would be glad to help however I can. Although I have no coding experience, I'd be glad to contribute documentation to the Wiki if that'd be of interest.

Thanks,

Steve

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 13 Aug, 2012 04:16 PM

Hey Steve,

thanks for offering your help. About 10.8: as noted in the welcome msg on https://www.gpgtools.org/ GPGMail is currently incompatible with Mountain Lion. We are working on it and hope to have a first alpha in a few weeks from now. (might be donation only)

If you want to help with documentation it might be a good idea to go to our knowledge base and see what we have so far: http://support.gpgtools.org/kb

Also you get an idea of how we approach this. Anything in mind what you'd like to work on? I myself am currently writing an FAQ about the web of trust.

Any editor will do. Mou might be smart to use (since it uses markdown code which is used for our knowledge base). It's free. Find it here: http://mouapp.com/

If you have any questions, feel free to post them into this discussion here. You might wanna paste the code here as well.

Hope this helps :)
    steve

2. 2 Posted by David Close on 21 Aug, 2012 08:41 PM

I would be happy to provide a donation. Please let me know the earliest it is available.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 21 Aug, 2012 09:07 PM

We'll announce availability via Twitter and announcement mailing list.

4. 4 Posted by Jay on 22 Aug, 2012 11:16 AM

I would gladly donate / pay for gpgtools as well ;) Any thoughts about publishing to appstore ?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Luke Le on 22 Aug, 2012 12:29 PM

Hi Jay,

unfortunately that's not an option at the moment.
    We're looking into finding a way to comply with app store rules, but it will still take some time.

The best option to support us at the moment is to donate (http://gpgtools.org/donate.html)

6. 6 Posted by matonicki on 22 Aug, 2012 01:27 PM

Also keen on donating, has there been any indication on when alpha release supporting Mountain Lion may become available ?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Luke Le on 22 Aug, 2012 01:31 PM

No exact ETA yet, but should be within the next few weeks.

8. 8 Posted by matonicki on 22 Aug, 2012 01:36 PM

k ill drop in the donation and tweet for some more awareness in mean time...
    do you map my registered email account to donation ?

9. 9 Posted by brian on 22 Aug, 2012 04:41 PM

if i could get a alpha release date i'd be more then happy to donate as much as i can.

my business is very dependent on gpgmail working (i hate thunderbird) and is causing a lot of problems between myself and clients.

please let me know ASAP if i can get a alpha release sooner then "a few weeks".

thank you.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Steve on 22 Aug, 2012 06:29 PM

matonicki, I put you on the early birds list for the mountain lion release.

Brian, I'm sure you'll get word should we make it much sooner than "a few weeks" ;)

All the best,
    steve

11. 11 Posted by Craig Billingsl... on 27 Aug, 2012 05:03 PM

Count me in...I will donate for the Alpha version for 10.8, now 10.8.1.

12. 12 Posted by Pete on 28 Aug, 2012 03:44 PM

Already donated... hope to see a 10.8.x update in the future. If not, that's still fine - I really appreciate the selfless work you guys are putting in.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Luke Le on 28 Aug, 2012 03:45 PM

Thank you very much! The 10.8.x update is coming. And it's not super far away. We're doing everything we can!

14. 14 Posted by Phil Green on 29 Aug, 2012 01:54 PM

I would love to be put on the early adopters list for the Mountain Lion release of GPGMail.

15. 15 Posted by dr.geary on 30 Aug, 2012 04:53 PM

Yep. I plan on donating for the ML GPG alpha/beta release.

16. 16 Posted by Korbinian Meind... on 31 Aug, 2012 01:15 PM

Please put me on the early adopters list for the Mountain Lion release of GPG Mail. I am also planning to donate for this release.

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Steve on 05 Sep, 2012 07:47 PM

We are at work... some more patience. I'm closing this discussion for now, since it's not a real issue. We'll post infos as we have them via homepage / Twitter.

18. Steve closed this discussion on 05 Sep, 2012 07:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac