~/.gnupg created by root, user

mija

21 Dec, 2013 05:38 AM

I was following the discussion over here http://support.gpgtools.org/discussions/everything/10490-gnupg-crea... to figure out what to do since I had the same permissions errors. Doing a sudo chown -R user ~/.gnupg did fix it for me. But to answer the question that was asked over there, I backed up / removed my .gnupg directory. Permission errors were the same when I again installed with brew cask install gpgtools (their issue not yours) but FWIW running the installer as the non-root user did set permissions correctly.

1. Steve closed this discussion on 14 Sep, 2017 10:29 AM.

2. Steve re-opened this discussion on 14 Sep, 2017 10:29 AM

3. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 14 Sep, 2017 10:29 AM

Hi mija,

sorry for the super-late reply. We discovered that quite a few discussions had slipped through the cracks. We understand this is a really old support request. But instead of just closing it, we wanted to ask if you are still seeing the issue or need assistance with the current version of GPG Suite.

All the best,
    steve

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac