Nightly + Outlook 15.36.1 not working?

jdsmith1012

28 Jul, 2017 09:52 PM

Version info is below.

I have an up-to-date stable Mac (non-beta) and started with the stable GPG Suite. I successfully imported my GPG key and secret from my Windows desktop and was able to successfully send a signed email from Apple mail. So I know it's working.

I then enabled GPG Services as I'm aware full integration with Outlook is not available at this time.

I only need to sign emails. Preferably with the signature inline in the email (not as an attachment or part of a header, if possible).

I opened a new draft, typed some text, and selected all the text. Once done, I right clicked and went to services and found the "Sign Selection" option. I select this and I am prompted for my password but nothing is added to the email. In fact, outlook seems to freeze.

I upgraded to the beta with the same result. I then upgraded to nightly which still has same result.

Two questions:

1) How can I get email signing to work (to any capacity) with Outlook and GPGServices?

2) Is there a way to just go to services and "Sign email" instead of having to select all the text first? Some screenshots I see online show a "Sign" option in addition to the "Sign Selected" option I just don't see it.

Version Info

macOS 10.12.6
GPG Suite 2017.1 (1939n)
GPGServices 1.11 (954n)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 31 Jul, 2017 12:21 PM

Hi jdsmith1012,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

As a workaround you can formulate your mail in Outlook, copy the text to TextEdit.app, sign / encrypt there and then copy the signed / encrypted messages back to Outlook.

All the best,
    steve

2. Steve closed this discussion on 22 Oct, 2017 02:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac