Verify Download

Samantha

02 Aug, 2018 01:32 PM

Hello. I'm new to PGP encryption. but I've searched for an answer in your forums and come close to an answer but haven't understand what I read . I don't think it was exactly the same issue I'm having.

The issue im having is "verification FAILED: No signatures found

I have downloaded a file, added their public key to PGP-keychain. downloaded the .sig file with the same name in same location as .dmg. i open the .sig in textedit (after trying first standard way) and there is definitely pgp key there, but verification still fails. and it fails when following the steps to verify the GPG suite itself as well. the same error happens.

Any help would be great.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 02 Aug, 2018 07:03 PM

Hi Samantha,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

This KB-article explains how to verify the downloaded GPG Suite.

Can you try following the steps outlined in the KB and let me know if you are able to verify the GPG Suite download that way?

Best,
    steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 02 Aug, 2018 07:03 PM

Another quick question: you sent your message from Windows. So you installed GPG Suite on another machine?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac