GPG Mail Plugin won't install GPG Suite Beta 6 Mac OS X

Jasmin

23 Mar, 2015 11:15 AM

I have a similar problem like the user in this thread before:
http://support.gpgtools.org/discussions/problems/17881-osx-1092-bro...

but in my case the GPG Mail Plugin won't install after installing the newest GPG Suite Beta 6 for Mac OS X. My actually system is Mac OS X version 10.9.5. I´ve tried all what reached my mind, like uninstall GPG Suite and reinstall, install MailPGP separate, delete MailBundles in ~/Library/Mail/ and many shutdowns between this process.
But it won´t work. In case of the separate installing of MailPGP return an Error Message: The Plugin won't work or will be damaged. In the other cases there was no change of condition. The picture that i attached shows the problem. I can do what i want but GPG Mail won't install, no matter how often i install the GPG Suite, that contains the GPG Mail Plugin.

Does anybody know where the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 23 Mar, 2015 11:41 AM

Hi Jasmin,

we've seen this is very rare cases. Could you please

• open Terminal.app
    • copy / paste the following defaults read com.apple.mail EnableBundles
    • press enter

Please post the output of that command.

If the output value is „0“ please copy / paste the following in Terminal.app and execute the command with enter:

defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool YES

Then restart mail and let me know if GPGMail shows up as expected.

If you might have moved your mail.app application to a subfolder or another place on your harddrive, please move it back to the default location, your programs folder, and re-install GPG Suite then.

All the best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by Jasmin on 23 Mar, 2015 12:57 PM

I´ve tried this. The first command says, that no Bundles exist there. After the second command, the output says: "1". After restart of mail.app the problem is still existing. GPG Mail won't show up. mail.app and GPG Keychain are together in my Application Folder. I´ve reinstall, shutdown, install, shutdown once again. Changeless.

Any other ideas?

3. 3 Posted by Jasmin on 23 Mar, 2015 02:59 PM

The only solution that works for me at the moment is to install thunderbird with the Add-on enigmail. Not the best solution for me but better than nothing.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Luke Le on 01 Apr, 2015 02:36 PM

Hi Jasmin,

sorry for your troubles. Would you mind repeating the steps of uninstalling and re-installing GPG Suite Beta 6 and after that run the following command:

ls -l /Library/Mail/Bundles/GPGMail.mailbundle

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Steve on 03 Jun, 2015 06:01 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

6. Steve closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2015 06:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac