multipart/alternative HTML mails

Tracy Sanyi

11 Mar, 2015 02:01 PM

Hi,

Sometimes I receive PGP encrypted mails sent by Outlook + GpgOL which are not deciphered by GPGMail, 2.5b5 while my phone (K9mail + OpenKeychain) can decipher those mails.
I believe the problem is that those mails were sent as multipart/alternative with plain text and HTML. Instead of encrypting the HTML part, the ciphertext is formatted by HTML tags and therefore cannot be decrypted anymore (stupid Outlook...).

When I open such mails I see the ciphertext in pretty HTML instead of the decrypted mail. I would expect that GPGMail takes the plain text part from the mail for decryption, since it contains a vaild PGP block. Such as my phone is doing.

It is clear that the main problem is sending GPG enrypted mails as rich text, but there's little I can do to prevent that, so it would be great if GPGMail could deal with those mails.

Thanks, Tracy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 31 Mar, 2015 07:14 PM

Hi Tracy,

can you ask your contact with the mail client which produces those problematic emails to send an encrypted mail to [email blocked]? Our team key is on our homepage:
    https://gpgtools.org/GPGTools%2000D026C4.asc

Then we can see how it behaves and what causes the trouble.

Please have your contact include a link to this discussion so we know what support case it is related to:
    https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/discussions/beta-feedback/863-multip...

Kindly,
    steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 03 Jun, 2015 05:57 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

3. Steve closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2015 05:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac