Signing and Decoding fails due to defect PIN Entry

Anselm

04 Dec, 2014 09:27 PM

Suddenly after a few days of no issues today the plugin stopped working (cannot sign, decrypt anymore) with the message attached. Hopefully you can fix this in an upcoming release. Re-Installing works indeed by the way.

1. 1 Posted by Anselm on 11 Dec, 2014 09:30 PM

Hi, me again. Happened again today. Hope this won’t get into the release version but is fixed prior to it as it’s a bit annoying to reinstall the tools every two weeks.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 10 Jan, 2015 06:45 PM

Hi Anselm,

at the moment it's highly likely this is related to sleep mode and pinentry getting stuck.

Theory: A non-active pinentry-dialog is still visible and a new one is requested, the new one times out, because the old one is still waiting for a response.

While a restart should bring back working state, we still need to find a way to squash this bug and prevent this from happening in the first place.

Are you using sleep mode with your mac?

Also please download and install GPG Suite Beta 4 and let me know if the problem also persists with that release.

All the best,
    steve

3. 3 Posted by Anselm on 11 Jan, 2015 01:40 PM

Hi,

yes I’m using the sleep mode. I’m on the latest release now, not sure anymore if on Dec, 11th beta4 was already released. If so, I have used it (upgraded the day it was released). Since 11th, the issue didn’t re-appear but it would be great to not have this in a release. Maybe you find a failover for this behavior. :)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 11 Jan, 2015 03:44 PM

OK, please report back should this re-appear. The workaround (ugly I agree) is a restart.

5. Steve closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2015 03:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac