GPGTools attempts decryption in listview

Jeroen van der Ham

01 Dec, 2014 10:09 AM

Whenever I'm searching in Mail, or just browsing a mailbox that has encrypted mails in them, GPG Tools attempts to decrypt them.

This is annoying, because I have some mails in there that I don't have the password for anymore. Another is that I have mails encrypted with an old key, for which I do not save the passphrase on purpose, so that I know when people are sending me new mail with my old key.

So I have a use-case for not saving passphrases in the keychain, and GPG Tools is attempting to decrypt mails whenever they show up in a list view. This is even more annoying because GPGTools is very insistent on getting those keys.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 08 Jan, 2015 10:10 PM

Hi Jeroen,

if you have not updated yet to GPG Suite Beta 4, please visit our homepage and do that.

After that open Mail.app > Preferences > GPGMail

Can you check if the "Enable List Preview" setting is active? If it is, disable that and see if that behavior better fits your needs then.

All the best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by jeroen on 10 Jan, 2015 12:30 PM

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 15 Jan, 2015 10:32 AM

Great stuff!

Glad, this is solved for you. I'm closing this discussion. If you need further assistance or have questions you can re-open this discussion here or open a new one any time.

Best, steve

4. Steve closed this discussion on 15 Jan, 2015 10:32 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac