Message on other desktop when using several desktops in mission control

Klaus Löfflad

25 Nov, 2014 01:19 PM

When I decrypt a file via Context menu → Services the message with signature verification result appears sometimes on another desktop. It seems as it were assigned to a specific desktop, but there is no icon in dock to (un)assign.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 08 Jan, 2015 09:33 PM

HI Klaus,

I'm using a dual monitor setup as well. It seems the GPGServices messages are stuck on one monitor and not related to where the finder window is, in which you are doing the file decryption.

Is that the same for you? Are the GPGServices message always on the same monitor? Or did you ever see them on the other screen as well?

I wonder if we can trace down a pattern for this behavior.

There is nothing in the dock because GPGServices is indeed a service and not an app (like all the programs in your applications folder). We'd have to figure out how much influence we have on where the info msgs are displayed.

All the best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by klaus on 28 Jan, 2015 03:40 PM

Hi Steve,

> I'm using a dual monitor setup as well. It seems the GPGServices messages are stuck on one monitor and not related to where the finder window is, in which you are doing the file decryption.
    Just for clarify: I have just my MacBook without any external display but I use several desktops via Mission Control.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Luke Le on 12 Feb, 2015 12:33 PM

Hi Klaus,

are you seeing a actual window with the message or rather a Growl notification?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Steve on 01 Jun, 2015 01:40 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

5. Steve closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2015 01:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac